Top 10 Computer Sound Card Problems and Troubleshooting Tips
Sounds card problems that do not always require a replacement card or a new driver can be difficult and frustrating to resolve. Learn more about partial sound card failures and how to resolve them.
1. Speaker power opened? Speaker wire inserted yet? If you have headphones, you can use headphones to test.
2. To set the “quiet” it? Click the bottom right corner of the sound small icon (a small loudspeaker), there volume control slider, below the “mute” option, click the front of the check box, clear the check mark box.
3. The volume moved to the minimum? The volume slider in the above,drag it up.
4. Is after installed Direct X that the sound card can not be audible ? that means this sound card is not compatibie good with Direct X,and need to update the driver.
5. Is a channel mute it? Check the sound card to frequency line of speaker audio cable whether have the broken line.Check the master volume control panel inside the “acoustic” and “master volume” buttons adjust the balance is not in the middle. I once changed the winamp settings becomes a channel, then change back and it’s ok. Another time was not plugged the audio cable,also presents a sound track.
6.Have installed the sound card drivers? Installed correctly?
Before conducting operations, first of all is to be ready to sound card driver disk and the installation CD of operating system (here we Win98 example), and then follow these steps:
The first method is automatically added to the sound card:
First, right-click “My Computer”, select “Properties” command, then click “Device Manager” tab, select “View devices by type.”
Second, the “Sound, video and game controllers” were marked with a cross or exclamation mark items which should be deleted, then click “Refresh” command or restart the Canon BP-827 computer.
Third, Refresh (or restart the system), the system will generally find new hardware, and the emergence of a new hardware dialog box asks you to install the drivers for it. Asked the driver path in the time, please insert the appropriate disk drive, and then click “Disk” button. In the pop-up dialog box, enter or select the disk drive letter (of course, you can click “Browse” button in the dialog that appears select the drive letter and path to disk), click “OK” button, the installation driver.
Driver installed, the operating system will find their own sound card, and then automatically install the driver that best matches. If the sound card still can not sound, can be in the “Device Manager” remove “Sound, video and game controllers” the following items, then use Method 2 to install the driver.
The second method, manually add the sound card:
First, choose “Start → Settings → Control Panel”, double-click “Control Panel” window “Add New Hardware” program.
Second, In the “Add New Hardware” wizard, the system will ask you if automatic detection and configuration of new hardware, select “No”, then click “Next” button, Windows will list all the optional hardware installed equipment.
Third, In the “hardware type” choose “Sound, video and game controllers” option, click “Next” button, enter the path selection interface, the fourth step, click the “Disk” button, select the path where the driver, install the sound card driver.
If the above method does not make you sound card back to normal, please be hit once again remove the cross or exclamation mark in the relevant projects with access methods
Method 3, to resolve conflicts:
First check the sound card if there is a resource conflict with other hardware, especially the sound card’s IRQ value, suggest that the sound card occupy IRQ 9 or 10. Then in the “Device Manager” option page to find the existence of “other devices detected” or “unknown device” option, after found the options above (Windows 98 will not recognize the device are placed here), with the mouse double-click them and delete with a sound, midi, wave the words of the project, and then restart the computer, then install the driver (method see below). Sometimes, open the “Device Manager”, although no yellow exclamation point (sign of conflict), but the CANON NB-5L sound is not audible, in fact, there is conflict, but the system did not check out
Method 4, to modify the registry: Sound card driver installed, if the “Sound,video and game controllers” in the options with an exclamation mark, you can modify the registry way to solve this problem.
First, select the options that are not normal, click the “Properties”, select the “driver”, pop up a dialog box shows the options of these are not normal driver information.
Second, click the “Driver Details” button in the “driver files” list box lists the driver details. If these drivers have the extension “.386″ file, remember the name of the file.
Third, using Sysedit or Edit to open C: Windows folder in the System.ini file, look in the System.ini file that you just remember the file name, in all those file names containing the command line by adding a ” ; “or” Rem “characters, so the command line will fail.
Forth, is to run the Registry Editor Regedit, find the branch in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE System Current Control Set Services Class MEDIA contains the file name you remember the key, double-click them, and then press the keyboard “Delete” key to remove it from the registry. Restart the computer, then the problem should be resolved.
7. Sound card broken? Motherboard Questions? This is the worst result, you can plug in for a good sound card to try.
Common causes of such failures occur:
1. Card is not right. As the chassis manufacturing precision is not evry high, The bad sound baffle manufacturing or the installment bad cause the sound card not to be able to unify closely with the motherboard expansion slot, on the visual obvious sound card “Gold Finger” has the dislocation with the expansion slot reed. This phenomenon is in ISA or PCI card, are common faults. Generally used pliers correction.
2. Active Speaker Speaker input connectedto the sound card output. For the active speaker, should be connected to the sound card’s Line out side, its output signal without sound card amplifier, noise is much smaller. Some only one output card is still Speaker Line out jumpers on the card depends on the decision, factory default is often Speaker, so unplug the sound card to adjust the jumper.
3.Windows driver that comes with bad. When installing the sound card driver, choose “drivers provided by the manufacturer,” and not to vote for “Windows default driver” If “Add New Hardware” in the way of the installation, choose “Disk” instead of from the list box choice.If you have already installed the Windows own driver, choose “Control Panel → System → Device Manager → voice, video and game controllers” sub-point device, select “Properties → Driver → Driver → Change from disk Installation. ” Then insert the card with the disk or CD-ROM, load the driver provided by the manufacturer.
4. Play the video can, play MP3 No, you can put inside the audio Jieba hero to normal 22050 Hz on the line.
1. Try to use the new driver or an alternative program. I once had a sound card, under the Windows 98 disk with the original driver how to install the driver has not installed, the only place with a Creative SB16 driver, everything is normal.Then upgrade to Windows Me, not to normal and back to using Windows2000 (Full Edition) comes before the sound card drivers properly.
2. The most headaches than detected under Windows 9X Plug and Play devices has chosen to given a free hand to help you install the driver, the driver side is not used, after re-install every time you delete will repeat this problem, and not use the “Add new hardware” solutions. I reveal here a unique offerings secret trick: Go to Win9xinfother directory, the *. inf file on the sound card and then restart all deleted manually after the installation, this was 100% efficacious, the sound card has saved countless lives … … of course, modify the registration table can achieve the same purpose.
3. Does not support the PnP sound card installed (also applies to not use these PnP means PnP sound card installed): enter “control surfaces”, “Add New Hardware” Next, when prompted “need Windows searches for new hardware required it? “, Select” No “, then choose from the list of the” Sound, video and game controllers “use the driver disk or directly select the sound card type to install.
1. Completely silent. Using Windows 98′s “CD Player” CD release silent, but “CD player” works at the normal, indicating that the audio cable is not connected drives good.Using a 4-core CD-ROM audio cable to connect analog audio output and sound card CD-in can be, this line in the purchase of CD-ROM will be included.Can use other software players may also be resolved.
2. Double-click the far right below the volume control, master volume in the pop-up panel to see CD column is not selected the mute or volume is minimal.
3.Only one channel to speak out. I usually drive about two line output signal, the middle ground the two lines. Since the audio signal line, 4 lines of different colors usually can be found from the line of color-one correspondence Interface. If only one sound card interface and audio interface or each line did not match, had to change the order of the audio line connection, usually only the two lines on which you can change.There may be the CD’s volume control bar is not balanced in the middle section
PCI cards are generally used because of technical causes hang Bus Master PCI bus hard disk read and write, mouse and other operations to enlarge the background noise’s sake.
Solution: Turn off the Bus Master PCI cards feature, and replaced with AGP graphics card, sound card for the PCI slot.
First check if there is wrong plug into the SANYO DB-L20 microphone jack on the other (usually the other end of the headset is a microphone plugged into a red box red that port, or you see they have a MIC logo, if not understand, try to change the plug test), and second, double-click the small speaker on the status bar (lower right side in most, if not found, you point “start” – “Control Panel” – “Sounds and Audio Devices” – in “place the volume icon in the taskbar” before the tick), the interface that appears, select “Options” – “Properties” → “recording” in the below “Show the following volume controls”, select “microphone” – “OK” in the “microphone” in the “Select “playing in front of the bait on it.
And then “Control Panel → Multimedia → equipment” adjust “mixer device” and “Line equipment”, set them to “use” status. If the “Multimedia → Audio” in the “Recording” option is grayed bad it may, of course, is not no room for saving, you can try the “Add New Hardware → Systems and Equipment” in the Add “ISA Plug andPlaybus”, simply the sound card software installation tool with the card after restart.
Check if there is some problem with headphones (Start – All Programs – Accessories – Entertainment – recorder, see if I could record), if recorded, that is set up correctly, or if the other party can not hear, there may be other settings are not correct, or that chat software problems, for a chat software to try. If not recorded, can put your headphones, try to get other computers. The worst result is that sound card or motherboard problems.
Can not play Wav music phenomenon is rare, often due to “Multimedia” → “equipment” under the “audio equipment” more than one, you can disable a; can not play MIDI files may have the following three kinds of possibilities:
1. The early ISA sound card possibly is because 16 patterns are incompatible with 32 patterns cause the MIDI broadcast not to be normal, By way of installing the software wave table to be possible to solve the problem.
2. Today, most of the popular PCI sound card with wavetable synthesis technology, if the MIDI part cannot paly is very likely because you do not load the appropriate wave table sound library.
3.Windows volume control in the MIDI channel is set to silent mode.
Some people reflected in the sound card driver installation process as usual, there is no conflict occurs, but is unable to speak in the WIN98 or following other failures occur.This phenomenon usually occurs in the PCI sound card, please check during the installation process Which PCI slot your PCI sound card to insert in. Some friends for thermal considerations, like the sound card inserted away from the AGP slot, near the ISA slots that several PCI slots. The problem often occurs here, because there is a Windows98 Bug: sometimes can only be inserted correctly identify the PCI-1 and two slots PCI-2 sound card. ATX motherboard in the two next to AGP is the PCI-1 PCI and PCI-2 (in some ATX motherboard the contrary, close to the ISA is the PCI-1), so if you do not have the PCI sound card installed in the correct slot, the problem will be generated.
Start – Settings – Control Panel – double-click the Multimedia – audio – choose “Show volume control on the taskbar”,and it’s ok.
Professional battery shops:
UK store: global-battery.co.uk
US store: sales-battery.com
Both are the retailer and wholesaler of laptop batteries(sony vgp-bps9 battery ),digital gamera batteries (sony np-bg1 battery ),camcorder batteries (SONY NP-F330 camcorder battery) and battery chargers. These are top-quality Digital Camera Batteries at the lowest possible price available.